ZWCAD Software Releases ZWCAD 2008 Beta20 Dec, 2007
IntelliCAD-based 2D and 3D drafting tool for DWG and DXF files is available immediately for current customers.
ZWCAD Software has released ZWCAD 2008 Beta, the newest version of its DWG-based tool for 2D and 3D drafting. The company states that the new release is available for immediate download for current customers and that the official version of the product will be released within the month.
Built on IntelliCAD 6 and based on OpenDWG technology, ZWCAD 2008 allows users to open, edit, and save DWG and DXF files created in AutoCAD (2.5 to 2008) without the need for import or export operations. AutoCAD users can open files created in ZWCAD as well.
Additional features new to ZWCAD 2008 Beta include the following:
- Enhanced save, open, viewports, select, and hatch options
- New arithmetic for hatch-boundary searches to facilitate less calculation and faster response
- Ability to extract attribute information into an external file if attributes are attached to blocks
- Improved application-programming interfaces that include DRX support, allowing users to develop their own applications as needed, and Visual LISP and LISP Encrypt support
- New design center for improved management of drawings, blocks, dimension styles, and other content
ZWCAD 2008 Beta runs on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
In her easy-to-follow, friendly style, long-time Cadalyst contributing editor and Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen guides you through a new feature or time-saving trick in every episode of her popular AutoCAD video tips. Subscribe to the free Cadalyst Video Picks newsletter and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is published. All exclusively from Cadalyst!