FIATECH Requests Nominations for CETI Awards15 Nov, 2007
Companies invited to submit research and deployment nominations by December 14 for second annual Celebrate Engineering and Technology Innovations awards program.
Did you or your company accomplish a significant technological research or deployment achievement in 2007 and you want the world to know about it? Submit it by December 14 for consideration in FIATECH's annual Celebrate Engineering and Technology Innovations (CETI) awards program.
Established in 2006, the CETI Awards recognize and honor achievements in the following 12 categories related to the capital projects industry:
New Emerging Technology Implementations
- scenario-based project planning (decision support, project definition, and approach)
- automated design (design automation, modeling, simulation)
- integrated, automated procurement supply network (material tracking, supply chain management)
- intelligent automated construction job site (mobile IT, RFID, location tracking, and GPS)
- intelligent self-maintaining repairing operational facility (wireless sensors, real-time experienced-based maintenance planning systems)
- real-time project facility management, coordination control (collaboration tools, estimating, scheduling, cost management)
- new materials, methods, products equipment (energy-efficient materials, composites)
- technology/knowledge-enabled workforce (educational tools, programs, training)
- lifecycle data management information integration (ISO 15925, BIM)
New Emerging Technology Research Development
- outstanding student researcher (undergrad and graduate students as well as doctoral candidates who received their degree less than one year from submitting application)
- outstanding early career researcher (researcher who has one to 10 years' experience in his/her career)
- outstanding researcher (researcher with more than 10 years' experience)
Entries will be reviewed, and winners selected, by the following six jurors:
- Sylvia Rappenecker, Chair, CAE Discipline Technology Leader, Engineering Solutions Tech Center, The Dow Chemical Company
- James H. Garrett, Jr., Ph.D., Professor and Head, Department of Civil Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- Bart Neighbors, P.E., PMP, Project Development Group, ConocoPhillips
- Tom Sawyer, Information Technology Editor, Engineering News-Record
- Todd Sutton, Business Unit Manager, Zachry Construction
- Matt Wheelis, Senior Product Manager, Autodesk
Winners will be announced April 1, 2008, during FIATECH's Annual Technology Conference and Showcase in New Orleans, Louisiana.
In her easy-to-follow, friendly style, long-time Cadalyst contributing editor and Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen guides you through a new feature or time-saving trick in every episode of her popular AutoCAD video tips. Subscribe to the free Cadalyst Video Picks newsletter and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is published. All exclusively from Cadalyst!